Thursday, October 21, 2004

Musical Notes



Suggested listening to get pumped up for Sox games:

"Black Betty" - by Ram Jam. Played when Mike Timlin enters the game

"It's Not Over, Til It's Over" - Lenny Kravitz. This one seems obvious by the title, but you need to listen to the song to truly appreciate how appropriate it is for the Red Sox. If I didn't know he'd written it for Denise Huxtable, I'd have been convinced Lenny is a member of RSN. Lyrics:

"Here we are still together, We are one, So much time wasted, Playing games with love
"So many tears I've cried, So much pain inside, But baby It ain't over 'til it's over
"So many years we've tried, To keep our love alive, But baby it ain't over 'til it's over
"How many times, Did we give up, But we always worked things out
" And all my doubts and fears, Kept me wondering, yeah If I'd always, always be in love

"Livin' on a Prayer" - Bon Jovi. We were certainly living on a prayer in the ALCS, no?

"Praise You" - Fatboy Slim. Some lyrics: "We've come a long, long way together, through the hard times and the good. I've got to celebrate you, baby. I've got to praise you like I should."

"Don’t Stop Believin'" - Journey. Steve Perry and company's version of our motto, Keep the Faith.

"Beautiful Day" - U2. I haven't seen the sun in the D.C. area since Monday, but every day this week has been a truly beautiful day.

"Right Now" - Van Halen. Nuff said.

"Tessie" - Dropkick Murphys. Local band re-does old-time Sox tune. If this doesn't pump you up for the Sox, nothing will. Key line: "Don't blame us if we ever doubt you, You know we couldn't live without you, Red Sox, you are the only, only, ONLY!"

"Sweet Caroline" - Neil Diamond. Played at every Fenway Game. So good, so good, so good!

"Dirty Water" - The Shandells. Boston, you're my home!

Suggested additions welcome...