Thursday, October 21, 2004

Signs We've Gone Over the Edge

Latest: This has to take the cake:

From Craigslist: F*** my wife for red sox tickets
http://boston.craigslist.org/cas/46339611.html

* Friday morning on the main page of Boston.com:

Two in fake beards shought in shooting, robbery
An armored car driver making a routine cash delivery yesterday was confronted by a robber wearing a Johnny Damon-style fake black beard and wielding a rifle.

The police chief said the guard had unloaded some money and was walking into the bank when he was confronted by the thief wearing a fake beard. One law enforcement official described the disguise as a ''Johnny Damon kind of beard," referring to the Boston Red Sox center fielder.

We're now relating all news stories to the Red Sox.
* After mocking Terry Francona for doing it all season, I now find myself unconsciously rocking back and forth when watching games.
* I find myself regularly quoting Nancy Kerrigan ("Why, why, why?!")
* I've run out of profane phrases and am now sputtering ones that don't even make sense. Example: In Game Six, I spontaneously referred to Derek Jeter as a "fat faggot." To make matters worse, I wasn't even aware I'd said anything until Chad repeated it.

* I was teary at the end of Game Five. Five! End of Game Six, delirious. End of Game Seven, comatose.
* I drew blood as I clawed at the skin on my own face and saw red and black spots as Francona brought Pedro into Game Seven
* Too tense to drink alcohol! (With the exception of mid-way through Game Three when I was basically ordered to drink)

I know there are worse out there -- let's hear them!